Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A nice outing

My church friend has a piece of orchard about 30 minutes away from Keningau, along the old Tenom road. Since it is fruit season now, he goes to the orchard every day to bring out the fruits for sale.

Since my colleagues and I were not working on that Saturday, we decided to tag along for some adventure, and hopefully get some free fruits, ahem ahem. Four of us we went in the tough Toyota Single-Cabin 4WD. The journey was pretty rugged, an ordeal that you would never allow your shiny sedan to undergo.

And yes, WE GOT FREE FRUITS. The fruit pics, I've shown you earlier. Just a thought, how nice it would be to have a retirement home in an orchard like that; tranquil and away from the noisy city, picking fruits and watching squirrels, like Adam of Orchard Eden (with clothes on la).

We got more than what we bargained for. On the way back, my friend offered to bring us to "the highest point in Keningau". And so we went. I don't know whether if it really is the highest point, but the journey up there, was like... er... speeding along the highway up to heaven.

And guess what, there is a little kampung at the top! The highlanders of Keningau huh.

The dragonfruit orchard was near the top of the hill. My friend said, cool temperature, hilly soil and just the right dose of sunlight make good dragonfruits. The sky was getting gloomy, and I caught this photo of evening rays and folding hills. OK la I must admit it's not dramatic enough.

How much would you pay for a house with a view like this?

It has been a tiring off-road adventure. We came back with a truck load of these stuffs. So jelak already.

Time to move on to mandarin oranges and lap-cheongs.

3 comments:

Y1 said...

nice... hey it should not be any problem for you to get some of these land now that your better half is the privileged citizen of our land.... can we tumpang a few acres? ;)

Anonymous said...

let me get some strong connections first, hehehe... it's not who you are, but who you know these days, as the pie gets smaller.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael,

This is my first comment in your blog and I must say that I enjoy reading your blog very much.

I'm a Sabahan and a friend of your 'loupo' (as you put it) and reading your blog really brings a lot of good times to me as now I'm working in KL and miss my home state dearly.

To be honest, in a way, you're more 'Sabahan' than most Sabahan do.

I have a small request here, (If you don't mind), can you send me the original photos for IMG_7803, 7806, 7815, 7790. The photos are nice and I just wish to have a copy of it. (Don't worry; it's not for business purpose.)

If it's ok, my email is: kennshi@gmail.com

Pls send my regards to I.NG

Thanks -
Kent