Friday, June 23, 2006

This weekend

Today I am post-call. Thankfully, the night before has been quiet. However, the ward is packed and overflowed.

Will be going to SIB Kampung Ria tonight. Some representatives from NECF are coming to share some updates on current issues pertaining to Christianity... Mykad, conversion, Da Vinci Code maybe etc. My pastor asked for some company. I am curious too what they want to tell.

Tomorrow morning, will be going to KK with my loupo. It's a 3-hour drive from Tenom to KK. My Vee is due for its 5000 km servicing at 2 pm. If only there's a service center in Keningau, save me the trouble of going so far. Anyway, probably will do some window or real shopping in town. If in time, want to send some photos for developing at the Investline camera shop opposite Center Point plaze. Haven't found a photo shop in Keningau that develops photos to my liking. Only Investline has been giving me pretty consistent and satisfactory results.

At night ah, that will be interesting. So co-incidental that there's something going on in SIB Likas. A group of passionate young people went for a two-week mission trip to India, and they have returned to share their experiences. Powerhouse, the youth group of SIB Likas (English) have organised this India Night event for friends and families to come and listen to the mission trip done in Chennai and Raicur districts. I heard they have lots of uplifting stories and miracles to share, definitely exotic and extra spicy. Participants are encouraged to come in any Indian costume... and... Auntie Liz offered to help get my loupo a saree, and my Indian colleague has lent me a set of guy costume with dhoti and shawl (they're about 20 years old, when her husband was about my body size). So, we will be there, dressed to kill. Hahahaha... Really hope those young fellas did learn to cook some authentic Indian food while they're there, and are sharing the food of their skills tonight too. Check out the SIB Powerhouse link on the right column.

Gotta come back to Keningau, either tomorrow night or early Sunday morning. Would prefer to go home, rather than sleeping in a hotel. Nicer pillows ma. Am given the task to share a message for the Sunday service. Coz this week the pastor decided to sit back and let a member take the pulpit. Hai ya. Cubalah sedaya upaya.

Today I am handing in my application for transfer to Likas Women and Children Hospital, Kota Kinabalu. Have done a pretty long service in interior Sabah already (becoming chronic MO liao), and it's time to move on. Gonna be challenging, the transfer and all the arrangements to do. Actually since university days, I have been moving house (everything can fit into a car) every year. The longest I have stayed is in my current house in Keningau - 2 years. But now, stuffs have grown to more than a car can fit, and 2 people involved liao. Pray for us please.

Looks like a hectic weekend ahead.

2 comments:

HK Jun said...

If you move to KK, what happen to your house in Keningau?

Anonymous said...

Please do the 2nd last sentence.