Wednesday, June 28, 2006

India Night

As mentioned in my earlier blog entry, my loupo and I went to SIB Likas (English) in Kota Kinabalu for their India Night.


A group of youths (mostly teens) from SIB Likas went for a mission trip to India recently, and that night they took turns to share about their 13-day experience, backed by powerpoint presentation with photos and movies. They had their fair share of unexpected adventures, missed schedules, tummy aches, not unfamiliar in any mission trip. But they have proudly transcended the hurdles and each had their lives enriched from their India experience. They had concert in a shopping mall, visited churches to preach and teach, prayed for people, went to orphanage and HIV/AIDS center, travelled in terrorist areas... Err. if you can read the language on this photo, please help translate.

Here are some exact (well, almost...) words from the young missionaries, and
the SIB senior pastor:

"I have learned that prayer really works. I always read about it... but in India, I am fully convinced that it really works!"
"The trip has opened my eyes to the real world outside..."
"I learned to appreciate the things I have at home. Looking at how destitute people in that part of India are, I have realise that it's so silly to complain about petty things in my life..."
"I learned to appreciate my parents even more..."
"We should encourage our youths to go for mission trips. Let us as a church make it an aim to send our youths out, every year... what they learn in the field is something they can never learn at home..."
"Parents, your children are a wonderful lot, and they have grown so much matured through the two weeks of India mission trip..."
"Pastor Bobby... Pastor Susan..." is that prophesy or what?
"I am glad that the mission trip didn't go smoothly. That's how Christian mission really is. And in difficulties we learn to lean on God
, and see Him take charge."

Told you we went dressed to kill. Appeared that I was the ONLY guy in Indian costume. Felt so silly. Of course, the girls were more sporting hehehe, came in colourful sarees. We had to rush back to Keningau after the presentation. So didn't manage to try out their roti canai and chapattis.

Click HERE for more photos. Vanakam and Namaste!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Despite not being in really photographer mode, thought the pic were pretty ok. Nice shots, and the colourful sarees helped! Irene looks stunning le! So many people commented how wonderful she looked in the sari!

Anonymous said...

You still want those crappy photos? How to pass to u then?