Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Cash and car for misionaries

I dunno about you, but really, my jaw almost dropped when I read this...

Kelantan State Assembly: Cash and car among incentives for missionaries

The offer: free housing, monthly allowance of RM 1000, 4WD vehicle.
The deal: marry Orang Asli women and settle down in the village to preach.

Gosh! Since when have wives become a winning lottery ticket to cash and car (or did I missed out something). I wonder whether one can claim for 4 cars (hmm... a Range Rover, Ford Everest, Nissan X-Trail, Toyota Fortuner... wow!) if one gets his quota filled accordingly.

Then again, I am not a believer of the religion, can't comment too much. Just wonder, whose money are they using to do those things. Are tax moneys of Ah Chai and Ramasamy used to sponsor such activities as well? Do they have a say on that?

In Christianity, marriage is a one-time thing that is meant to last to the grave... so you better pray hard and look hard and make good of that one choice you have; rather than thinking of little 'bonuses' like the cash and the car. Of course some people will say: marry a rich girl and save a few years of your labour.

Anyway, it would be nice to drive a 4WD.

40-days Prayer for the Nation... let's do our part.

1 comment:

Y1 said...

at least some are speaking out.

http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=42868