Saturday, October 14, 2006

Citizens of heaven


In the midst of recent squabbles over Bumi non-Bumi issues, first class and second class citizens, the chosen race and the marginalised race... I found a refreshing verse in this morning's reading.

We, however, are citizens of heaven, and we eagerly wait for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from heaven.
Phi 3:20


I am glad that the Book says that our life on this earth is but just a little passing phase on eternity's timeline. Our final and definite citizenship, is in heaven.

If things down here do not look good, try looking up.

The apostle Paul, born into the chosen race with all it's birth-right privileges, adhered strictly to the chosen religion, a member of the elite circle, a zealous scholar and an exemplary model of excellence... clearly understood the futility of boasting about his worldly achievements.

But all those things that I might count as profit I now reckon as loss for Christ's sake. Not only those things; I reckon everything as complete loss for the sake of what is so much more valuable, the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have thrown everything away; I consider it all as mere garbage, so that I may gain Christ and be completely united with him.
Phi 3:7-9


How do we fare?

No comments: