Monday, December 12, 2011

Goodbye, Logos Hope

Yesterday, a team from the ship came to our church. There was a ship-pastor (who claimed to have flowing black hair once upon a time) from Singapore, and crew members from Hong Kong, Australia and South Africa. And they sang for us '... with Christ in the vessel we can smile at the storm, smile at the storm...' I wished. They reminded us... folks, it's the LAST DAY of the Logos Hope on Malaysian waters!

Must go la like that. Who knows, can grab some stock clearance sales.

I spotted familiar faces. He succeeded in resisting the temptation to buy more books... what a feat!

True to the Malaysian spirit, the last-minute crowd was huge!

Actually, I went there to attend an event.

The Next Step... 'a program for people who are interested in knowing more about the Logos Hope ministry and how to get involved in other parts of the world. Find out what your Next Step could be'. And it's FREE... yet only a handful attended. Free things no good, good things no free? Hmm...

They started with a short play.
Girl in front: 'Who will free me from my chains? ... urrgghh... #@!&%... '
Girl at the back: '... what? who's calling? God? Louder please, I can't hear you! Line no good la...'
Guy at the back: '... ok God, loud and clear here... you want her to go rite, not me rite? I am busy la, I can't go... don't send me... send her'
The play was silent, so I added the script.

Then they showed a video about Operation Mobilisation's origins, vision, progress, and achievements. The ship ministry is only a part of OM, and they are running many other projects around the globe... even in Malaysia!

The handsome emcee invited three crew members (a Singaporean, a Paraquay-ean, and an American) to share about their respective journey with the cruise. There was a Q&A... I asked the magic question... who gave you guys money to spend for two years on the ship ah... ($ drop from the sky meh)?

Sigh, if I had been younger, I would have gone travelling with this international cruise. That would be just soooOOO... awesome!

Hmm... OM, at most I can do is volunteer myself to be a government-sponsored missionary doctor into the interiors of Borneo (sounds exotic isn't it)... and you guys don't even have to pay me a single sen. How about that... can I sign up?

3 comments:

Perisai dan Pedang said...

I am beginning to wonder, are you a doctor of journalist bro? Both! Thanks for posting! :)

Itu curi2 gambar buat saya teringin nak dapat kamera yg lagi power la...!

Michael said...

ehem... photo-journalist.

Anonymous said...

You are a missionary paid by the government of Malaysia! How cool is that?

MikeChen