Thursday, September 18, 2008

My torches

I am letting go of my diving torches. They have joined me in the trip to Sipadan in 2003, and that was it. Since then they have not seen daylight, till now.

We had a great trip to Sipadan then, led by the O&G Boss Dr. Soon Ruey. After that I've been working in the interior, far away from the sea. Now that I am back, and Dr. Soon is still organizing diving trips, the temptation to do SCUBA struck again. The deep blue sea, the schools of fish, the mesmerizing corals, the camaraderie...

Nah, I am not going back to SCUBA. It's too expensive a hobby for my small salary. A dive trip easily goes above RM 1000. I would prefer to save that money to get a dSLR and into photography, where I may actually make some money out of it, ehem ehem.

The main problem is, when I go for diving trips, I enjoy the food more than the dives. Those humongous and succulent prawns and squids that we ate in Sipadan still bring back great memories. So much so that when I dive, besides admiring the sea creatures' beauty, I imagine how delicious they would taste on the dinner plate.

So, I am letting go of my dive torches, the only diving stuffs that I've accumulated.

Any takers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way. I would not want to be caught with C4 in my hand... ;)

M Chen

Anonymous said...

ya hor. C4 sensitive nowadays. People may say, besides getting supply from Najib's department, can also get from mikestation.