Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Meet my Vee

My Vee is here finally, after a 4.5 months' wait. I booked on the first Hari Ray day in early November, and got it last Wednesday. It's a 1.3 Manual, Premium edition, in Ozzy Orange. And yes, I am eligible for the refund of lower new car pricing.

Here's how the Vee looks like:

Why did I chose my Vee? Firstly, I decided I will never take a Proton. Secondly, have to bow to rising fuel prices. Thirdly, came to realise that car ownership is an expensive affair, and a car is a constantly depreciating asset; so better get one that is low on maintenance and sufficient for my needs. Fourthly, poor government servant like me should not be driving anything more than a Malaysian car, otherwise people will think that you are a corrupt fella. Just joking. Hehehe.

Well meaning people have been telling me that in Sabah, a 4WD is THE way to get around, especially suited for the lousy roads, hilly terrains and occasional off-roading. Very useful for church ministry in more interior areas. However, my previous experience with the Pajero have been an unpleasant one, one that I have yet come to terms with.

Done with the first tank of fuel. Fuel consumption? About 16.7 km/liter, or RM 1.14/10km. Sounds quite OK. The impressive thing about the Vee is that it's so spacious, and everybody sits comfortably. Other than that, it's just a car.

If you want a ride, don't shy shy to ask. If you make some money from the car number, don't shy shy to share.

Cheers!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yaaayyy! yes, we wan rides!!!

Anonymous said...

nice car...but not really you lah michael...you look better in a 4wd. haha

Anonymous said...

bring to seremban and fetch your sister

HK Jun said...

gee....0.14 cent/km. that's quite high. maybe becos of high fuel price. i think my future auto will be higher.

Anonymous said...

0.14 sen/km pun mahal ka? Not even one sen. Actually it's RM 0.11/km. No thanks to high fuel prices.

Yes expect Auto to be higher. The brochures quote 13.5km/L for Auto and 17km/L for Manual. But you are getting the comfort for city driving, less leg ache and less stress when stuck in traffic jam.

I pun mau 4WD, but wallet tak kasi.

Anonymous said...

God bless you and your family, and of course your new car! I wonder what happened to your old one... ...

Gabriel Au Yong said...

Look nice, you're lucky, wait just 4.5 months to get your Vee. I just ask few days ago, in KL, it take at least 6 to 9 months to get that Vee.... Huh! Crazy!