Thursday, January 12, 2006

Bye Lassi

My dog Lassi passed away yesterday after a heavy evening rain.

Cause of death: undetermined. Probably poisoning due to eating poisoned dead dog-lice.

Around Christmas time he started do develop some patches of shallow skin ulcers and plaques on his ears. Then the lesions spread to involve the trunk and the rest of the body. He began to smell bad from the raw areas. He lost appetite and weight after that. For the past one week, he did not want to eat anything anymore, only took some clear fluids. My neighbour who is a veterinary officer gave him a few injections, but to no good. Ah, if only dogs accept IV drips or meds, or NG tubes, maybe the outlook would have been better. Yesterday, he started to walk around me, but was too weak to lift up his head. I though he is starting to get better. When I woke up after the rain, I found his dead body beside my mango tree. Pupils fixed and dilated, no sign of life. My neighbour came, put him into a bag, and sent him to the land where all dogs go.

I would not put up his dead picture here. Does not look good. He looked much better in my previous blog entry. And he will be remembered as such.

1 comment:

EADotCom said...

Ohhhh that is so sad! He was a nice lively dog... surely to be remembered as the dog with the outsized collar tag.....