Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tues - KLCC / Aquarium

Grandma brought us to KLCC. Initially wanted to go to the Zoo or the Bird Park, but since the haze was quite bad, we settled for air-con comfort in KLCC (that's where the Petronas Twin Towers are, in case you dunno). Also my bad la, I woke up late, and the sun was up and hot already.

Waaa... I never seen so tall punya indoor space in Sabah la!

Done with a bit of shopping (so boring, they never bought me anything), we went for the more interesting stuff... the aquarium in KLCC! This was my first time going to an aquarium. I have always liked fish and sea creatures... they make my little boy porridge tastes so much better.

Guess what greeted us at the entrance?

Piranhas!!!

OK, whatever they are, I can't tell you whether they are delicious or not coz mummy never cooked those for me. But my daddy was quite excited coz those cute fishes were featured in a famous movie shown when my daddy was a little boy.

Hey, wake up, you lazy croc.

Don't you stare at me like that.

There's a little section on preserved insects like butterflies, moths, beetles, cicadas, ... I run out of vocabulary already. It's a bugs' world. No flash photography allowed, but well... daddy said his old camera got not enough high ISO performance, so terpaksa la.

The most interesting part of the aquarium was definitely the underwater glass tunnel. It was such an amazing experience standing on a conveyor (like a baggage in the airport) while watching big fishes and turtles swim around you and over you. Wow!

That fish with wings looked familiar. I think my daddy calls it ikan pari or something like that. He ordered it at the ikan bakar stall for dinner the night before.

Now this big fish got really bad teeth. Sure never brush teeth one. Naughty naughty.

I even met a little girlfriend there. She was quite impressed by my screaming skills.

I didn't have to go to Terengganu or Sipadan to see turtles.

And see this gigantic cylindrical aquarium behind me. Really cool isn't it?

So, do consider dropping by the Aquaria KLCC if you haven't done so. Just be prepared for the pinch on the wallet. (I overheard my daddy said it was quite potong kepala one). Anyway little boy like me didn't need to pay for anything.

1 comment:

EADotCom said...

Cool, even for potong kepala.