Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Amok in Keningau

Fancy a kampung of people running amok in Keningau? Well, there's a village named like that.

I don't like the word "amok". It reminds me of the greedy racists and their keris-wielding leader, and the Amok assembly, which I wrote about HERE. It reminds me of the leader who warned that his ethnic group is very prone to running amok, which is actually true according to Wikipedia HERE.

Anyway, that Amok Village signboard is such an eyesore that makes me feel irritated whenever I pass that street. I had to do something.

I wrote to the press...

Dear sir/madam,

I would like to draw your attention to the Jalan Kg Amok in Keningau.

Obviously, it is a vandalised road sign. The amazing thing is, the above roadsign is situated at a roundabout along the main road into Keningau. Such central is its location, that within walking distance is the Keningau Old Hospital, the Jabatan Air, the Sessions Court, the Local Government Building, the Federal Building, the district Stadium and the Hotel Perkasa. Nobody coming from KK into Keningau can miss this signboard.

And yet, for the past many months that I can remember, nobody has bothered to do something to rectify the roadsign which has turned into an eyesore. Nothing has been done, despite the roundabout being used by the many civil servants, department heads, and politicians who enter Keningau.

Therefore, I hope you can pass on this complain to the relevant department so that remedial action can be done.

Thank you.


Walla! As of today, I have silenced the amok in Keningau and restored peace and harmony. Hehehe... that's a joke. Now the village is full of mosquitoes.

Not sure whether they published my letter. I do not buy that newspaper.

Moral of the story is: instead of wasting your time complaining, as everybody else is very capable of doing; better to put that energy into working out a solution.

3 comments:

HK Jun said...

which newspaper u wrote to?

Anonymous said...

new sabah times.

Anonymous said...

saudara minat khutbah uncle tong? :)

http://hedonese.blogspot.com

serba sikit translasi...