Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Photographers' meet

On Saturday, took an early train from Seremban to KL for this.


The event was held at the TNB building at Petaling Jaya, very conveniently reached by Komuter + LRT train. Drizzled a bit though, and I did not have an umbrella. The event also celebrated the 1st anniversary of LensaMalaysia.

LensaMalaysia is an online photography forum which I've been visiting from time to time, and put up some pictures and posts too. It's still quite a new forum, with limited members. Therefore, I would say the turnout was pretty good.


Most of LM's members are beginners to photography (like me), especially digital photography. Some are more serious amatuers though. These guys below are carrying 5
-figure worth of photography gears ... I am still dreaming when my day will come.


Arthur Teng, a Sime Darby graphic designer who is also a multi-award winning photographer, gave an inspiring showcase of his photography works. He describes himself as a 'very serious' amatuer. This guy is still die-hard on using FILM. His works are WOW!


Met an old classmate at the event. He's now doing 3RD YEAR Masters programme. I was so envious. If only I got the right skin color. Anyway, here's the view from the TNB top floor, where the LM event was held. And I got a photo with Jeff Ooi who writes in the Screenshots blog (very useful at exposing news that the mainstream media does not tell you). He is one of LM's founding members, and an avid photographer himself.


Met up with my ol' uni pals of the Navigators Church for lunch... (Pstr) Jun, Siaw Yen, and Ngiu Li. We went to eat at PJ State. Ai ya, too busy with the food, forgot to take photos.

Took the train back to Seremban after that.

Dad brought us out for dinner in a Western restaurant. My brother Alvin and his loupo Jenny, and my sister Julia were back home too. We had... steaks, fish and chips, deserts... kenyang habis la.



1 comment:

Y1 said...

Hey Mike, why no loupo with you for hols? :D