Sunday, October 29, 2006

Kid's birthday

My neighbour's son Darren had his 1st birthday party on Deepavali day. I was "appointed" on the spot to be the photographer. So, here they are, the photos. My loupo and I got him some kiddie clothes from the local shopping center.

The party started with singing of hymms and songs.

Birthday boy with mummy and grandparents.

Pastor saying a prayer of blessing for the birthday boy. Obviously the kid was not paying attention. "Hey why are you taking my picture?"

Then he think's it's an arm-wrestling game!

I think I had this too when I was one-year-old. I am quite sure I remember seeing a party like this complete with a tray of red eggs in one of those ooooo..old photo albums at home.

"Look mummy I got a new hat... hey why aren't you guys looking?".

"OK, I am hungry and tired. Bring on the food for the new siew-yeh (little master)!"

No comments: