Friday, April 02, 2010

Good Friday and Easter Sunday

There was a time when as Christians, we say 'God if you love me, make all things right for me. Otherwise I don't believe you love me.'

Then, there comes a time when we say 'God I have done so many things for you. I have given you so much time, energy, and money. Now, make all things right for me.'

Later comes a time when we say 'All things are possible to you. It's your purpose that matters. Though it hurts me a lot, may your will be done, not mine. Whatever comes, it is well with my soul. I surrender all. Life here is just a temporary passing, the ending will be good no matter what. Just give me the strength to hang on till that day.'




"My soul is deeply grieved, unto death.... Abba, Father, all things are possible to You; take this cup from Me. Yet not what I will, but what You will."
Mar 14:34, 36

Genuine surrender says, "Father, if this problem, pain, sickness, or circumstance is needed to fulfill your purpose and glory in my life or in another's, please don't take it away."
The Purpose Driven Life, Day 10

No comments: