Monday, August 25, 2008

A delightful surprise

We received a BIG parcel today.

My very kind ol' neighbours in Keningau sent us some fruits from their orchard. God bless them.

'Humongous avocadoes' as Auntie Liz calls them. Enjoying this fruit ah, is an acquired taste. Last time I gave some to my colleague from Peninsular, and after tasting it, his comment was "I ate the fruit, and I can't feel my tongue anymore." Lesson learned: ask before giving it.

Yeh yeh... the King of Fruits. These stuffs are selling for like RM 10 per kg at the roadside leading to UMS. Crazy! Heard that in West Malaysia, D24 only going for RM 4 per kg. Dunno why Sabah durians so expensive. Anyway, too much of this hot stuff isn't good... so we gave some away.

2 comments:

EADotCom said...

Methinks this writeup was given earlier cos it is a collaboration between the DBKK and SCC-PFKK!

EADotCom said...

OOops Posted in wrong place. Never mind. Humungous avacadoes and yummy durians.... yaaaaaaaayyy!