Monday, July 16, 2007

Where we are staying

We have been staying in Kota Kinabalu for just over a month now.

It has been a great change and a time for many adjustments for us. In Keningau, we had close friends and great neighbours. We had good fellowship with the big family of God's people. Things are familiar and easily within reach. In KK, we are starting all over again... getting to know people and places, making friends and seeking fellowship. I am stuck at work most of the time, and little boy is with his mum at home... I am sure they're bored too. Drop by and have tea some time when you're free.


Anyway, here's where we're staying. A humble double-storey house in Ujana Kingfisher. It's just about a kilometer away from Hospital Likas where I am working. So, usually I just hop onto the motorcycle to get to work (they don't have covered parking lots for lower category staffs). We brought some furniture from the house in Keningau, and bought a couple more in KK. Just simple stuffs, coz we're only staying in a temporary dwelling until the time comes to move on. (on a larger scale, aren't we all just passer-bys in this world until we settle down in our permanent dwelling place called heaven?). Ah yes the nice little oven came along, but there is little time to bake bread and cakes nowadays.


It's all rows and rows of houses around us. Haven't really got to know the neighbourhood yet. From what I learned, many houses here are rented out to university students of the nearby UMS. You can pick those out by observing the rows of motorcycles parked in the setting of untidy house compound (hehehee... I once lived in a student house too). The other houses, I heard, are mainly occupied by local Sabahan bumis. Well, they say the Chinese live in more upclass housing estates in the adjacent. Security ain't too good here. Just last week our next-door neighbour (a group of nurses I think) got robbed at knifepoint in the middle of the night.

Do you see any trees in the neighbourhood? I don't. The one on the right is at most a decorative plant. Ah, I miss my longan tree and ciku tree and mango tree in Keningau. I am not much a city person, probably will not ever be. There was a song something like "where have all the flowers gone, long time ago...". I am now typing this post in a cybercafe in Tenom. We took a short break back to kampung coz "it's good to touch the green green grass of home...".

No comments: