Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Going back to school

Via the phone, I am informed that I'll be doing a course called Masters in O&G with UKM. Still waiting for the black-and-white to arrive.

Will be moving to Kota Kinabalu in June, in time to start school. I will be working in Hospital Likas, the country's first government women and children hospital. It is going to be a very busy and tiring working environment over there (am forewarned: on-call = don't expect to sleep), nothing like the laidback style here. There goes my hope of enrolling for a part-time course with STS. Poingkuro? Life's got to go on.

When I came to this little district some 3.5 years ago, I had all my stuff packed in a car and moved everything in that one trip. Now... gosh, got 2 people to move along, and loads of stuffs. Wonder how am I gonna get it done. It's in times like this, that the saying that 'do not accumulating treasures on earth, but accumulate treasures in heaven', is truly sound advice. Think I've managed to keep my life quite frugal, but there's still a lot of stuffs to move, and throw away.

We will be having a little gathering and makan-makan this Sunday. On one hand, for thanksgiving that little boy has survived one month. On the other, to say goodbye to people who have been kind to us in this little district.

I've just submitted my on-leave form. Plan to take a whole month off. Have accumulated quite many leaves... and they say that such leaves cannot be brought forward, means burn la. Better kasi pakai abis. Now, how should I spend that one month? Maybe can start packing stuffs bit by bit. Or bring loupo and little boy for a short trip... Kundasang? If I am still bachelor, it would definitely be a backpacking trip to IndoChina... Europe... Turkey... But now, kena ikat perut a bit la. Don't laugh, you bachelors out there. Emm since it's May, boleh pi tengok unduk ngadau, aramaitiii...

Signed the rental agreement with a nice couple who owns a house in Ujana Kingfisher. They liked the idea that me and my loupo pandai jaga rumah. We're renting an empty house. So, if you got spare usable stuffs... hehehehe... you know where to keep la. The amazing thing is, we searched high and low for a suitable house but haven't found one; yet this house found it's way to us through some rekomen-rekomen. I suspect Boss has a hand in this. Now need to find somebody suitable to rent my house in Keningau. Hope Boss will make a way too.

See ya in KK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike
can't wait to see ur loupo and baby when u come down in June. Do give a shout out if you need help moving. Just one car can move all your stuff kah? now ur baby also punya banyak barang right.....